Here are the directions I received:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random things about myself….
1. I met my husband across a volleyball net playing co-ed grass doubles.
2. At one point, I had 3 random jobs at the same time: lifeguard at a Sheraton Hotel; research assistant raising tent caterpillars; and washing dishes in a dormitory cafeteria. That’s probably as random as my life has ever been.
3. I really dislike spiders. OK, actually, I hate them but I try not to use that word now that I’m a mom. What I dislike even more is killing spiders so I usually put a glass upside down over the spider to trap it and then notify my exterminator (the husband) for proper disposal.
4. I haven’t flown in an airplane since pre-9/11.
5. I love train travel.
6. I can only do a cartwheel by turning to the left (putting my left hand down first).
7. I read National Geographic magazine.
8. Some of my favorite movies are Amadeus, The Shawshank Redemption, and Seven Pounds.
9. My outfit of choice is jeans, a black t-shirt, and flip-flops.
10. I can list the United States in alphabetical order, but only up to Pennsylvania.
11. I love ketchup flavored potato chips and have driven across the border into Canada to purchase a bag (well, two bags).
My answers to the posted questions….
1. What is the thing in your life you are most proud of? My kids, of course. As far as a personal accomplishment that I’m proud of…..I delivered both of them naturally without any drugs (and my son weighed nearly 11#)…..I still feel that it is the most fearless thing I have ever done.
2. What is your biggest regret? Not completing my Masters degree when I was a mere 9 credits from finishing.
3. If you had to eat just one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Lasagna.
4. Do you give up things for Lent? If so, what are you giving up this year and why? I am not going to give up anything for Lent. If I were to do so, it would probably be trips to Wegmans grocery store. I love Wegmans, but I don’t need it; I could get by without shopping there and it would definitely feel like a sacrifice.
5. What is your perfect evening? Sunset on the beach, in my chair next to my husband and my cooler, plastic glass of wine in my hand, kids playing in the sand at my feet.
6. Do you have siblings? Yes. If so, do you buy into the whole birth order thing? I’m sure I would buy into it if I could easily remember what the whole birth order thing actually says…..First born is more independent or less independent? More of a leader or less of a leader? All I know is that my kids are very different and I know that, in part, it’s because of nurturing and environment. There is no doubt that when you only have one child (the firstborn) that her early childhood experience is very different from the second, third, fourth-born’s experience. There is something to birth order, but I’m not clear that it is the same for thing for everyone. (How’s that for a non-answer?)
7. What is your favorite thing to cook? Lasagna. But my absolute favorite thing to make for dinner is a reservation.
8. In what kind of social situation do you feel most comfortable? One on one with another person.
9. In what kind of social situation do you feel most awkward? Large group of people that I may never see again. Introducing myself and making small talk over and over again feels very awkward.
10. If you could go back to college, would you? Only to finish that Masters degree.
11. What quality do you possess that makes you a good friend? Some of my closest friends are actually the friends I see the least. I think that good friends have an ability pick right up where they left off without much trouble. We can go for months without connecting and it has little impact on the relationship.
My questions for you:
1. What’s your favorite thing to wear?
2. Is there anything that you find yourself doing that you would say is a waste of time, but you do it anyway?
3. Is there anything that you would do if you only had the time?
4. If you could travel to anyplace in the U.S., where would it be and why?
5. Are you fun or funny? (You have to pick one or the other, not both!)
6. If you have one, what is your favorite beach?
7. Would you prefer more of the entrée or would you pick dessert?
8. Swim, Bike, Run, or all three?
9. If someone anonymous gave you $1,000, what would you do with it? How about $100,000?
10. Would you do something different with the money if you won it in the Lottery?